Quick SEO Headline Hits
I’m still elbow deep in Ask-related news, but here are some SEO headlines for you to chew on while I continue to stuff myself with comfort food. I’ve already eaten an entire small cheese pizza and vat of cake batter frozen yogurt. With gummi bears on top. Oh heavens.
- Marshall Sponder lets us know that Microsoft is rebranding Gatineau as Microsoft adCenter Analytics. The cool new thing about MAA is that it allows for automatic tagging of your page. All you have to do is provide MAA with your FTP login and password, and point it to the directories where the HTML files lives. As Marshall says, imagine if it could tag Google Analytics too? Now that’d be sweet.
- Matt Mullenweg says more than 30 percent of blogs are spam. Honestly, that number isn’t particularly astounding if you consider that 95 percent of email is reported as spam and that blog content appears to get scraped even before it’s created. Maybe I just have low standards. My mom says that about the boys I date too. Hmm. [I'm skeptical that it's as low as 30% myself --Susan]
- Evisibility presents the best nofollow visual ever using a very clever buckets analogy. Seriously, print this thing out and hand it to your clients. They may actually understand what you’re talking about for a change. And then listen to your recommendations!
- Avinash Kaushik, who introduced himself to me in SMX like he wasn’t the crazy legend that he is, tells us that 4Q – the Best Online Survey For A Website, Yours Free. Definitely check it out.
- Over at Search Engine Roundtable, Tamar Weinberg issues awards to the best schwag from last week’s SMX West. [Am I the only one who calls it swag, not schwag? --Susan] Yes?
That’s it. I’m going to go back to stuffing myself now. I wonder if anyone has any chocolate. Or more pizza.