Search Headlines – Google, Spam and Podcasts
My brain is a little spent today but here are the search headlines you should be aware of:
- Andy Beal summarizes the long press release Google sent me which lets us all know that they’ve done it again. Somehow Google has nearly tripled their fourth quarter profit and brought in a net income of $1.03 billion. I have no words. I mean, surely at some point Google will already have dibs on all the money and market share in the world and they won’t be able to triple anything anymore, right?
- ShoeMoney interviewed Brian Axe of Google AdSense and got him to dish about the policy changes at Google AdSense, search engine arbitrage, YouTube revenue sharing, site revenue sharing and tons more good stuff. If you’re one of those people who can actually comprehend what you’re hearing in a podcast (I’m not), we encourage you to go listen to the audio version of Jeremy’s interview; if not, check out the blog.
- Matt McGee does a good job breaking down The 4 Most Underrated Pages on Your Web Site (via Andy).
- Dark Reading outlined Seven Ways to Be Mistaken for a Spammer (via /.)
- The SEO Blog dishes with Scott Smith on the subject of Web copywriting.
And some fun stuff for good measure:
- DazzlinDonna provides comfort in that I’m not alone in my opinion on the podcast. Don’t get me wrong, I understand why people like them; I just don’t have the attention span to listen to one without getting distracted.
- I know it’s not Friday, but I’m going to point to Boing Boing anyway. Today is National Gorilla Suit Day so if haven’t done your part, please go home and change. Thank you.