SMX West 2014: Liveblog Schedule and Where to Find Bruce Clay
Editor’s Update: Scroll down for links to liveblog posts, being updated throughout the conference (March 11-13, 2014).
We’re two weeks out from SMX West San Jose. For those in attendance, we’re sharing the Bruce Clay, Inc. schedule here and hope our paths will cross at some point between the expo hall, conference sessions and networking events. You may also want to consider upgrading your SMX experience with a one-day, in-person intensive SEO workshop with Bruce on Monday, March 10, where you’ll get your every SEO question answered from the industry’s leading teacher.
If you haven’t yet registered but plan on attending, get 10% off the cost of any pass and/or workshop by registering with code BRUCECLAYSMXW14. If you won’t be at the show, we’ll be delivering the show to you with liveblogged reports on the BCI Blog from the sessions below.
SMX West 2014 Liveblog Schedule
Day 1: Tuesday, March 11
|Time||SMX West Session||Blogger|
|9:00 a.m.||Digital Marketing Summit Boot Camp||Chelsea|
|11:00 a.m.||The Essential Guide to Social Media Etiquette||Virginia|
|11:00 a.m.||Digital Marketing Summit Boot Camp||Chelsea|
|1:30 p.m.||Facebook for Business & Other Paid Social Media Opportunities||Virginia|
|3:30 p.m.||Twitter for Business||Chelsea|
|5:00 p.m.||Keynote: A Conversation with Google Search Chief Amit Singhal||Virginia|
Day 2: Wednesday, March 12
|Time||SMX West Session||Blogger|
|9:00 a.m.||Long-Term SEO: How to Win for Years, Not Days||Chelsea|
|10:45 a.m.||App Store Optimization||Virginia|
|10:45 a.m.||Small Company; Big Results||Chelsea|
|1:30 p.m.||Capturing the Mobile Paid Lead||Virginia|
|3:30 p.m.||Life After Not Provided||Chelsea|
|5:00 p.m.||Evening Forum with Danny Sullivan||Virginia|
Day 3: Thursday, March 13
|Time||SMX East Session||Blogger|
|9:00 a.m.||What’s in My Keyword Research Toolbox||Chelsea|
|10:45 a.m.||Power Boosting Sales with PLAs||Virginia|
|10:45 a.m.||Making Sense of the Local Landscape||Chelsea|
|12:30 p.m.||Meet the Search Engines||Virginia|
|1:30 p.m.||Pro-Level Tips for Succeeding at Retargeting (read liveblog by MarketingMojo)||–|
|2:45 p.m.||Where’s Paid Search Going in 2014?||Virginia|
|2:45 p.m.||Meet the SEOs||Chelsea|
Where Bruce Clay and the Team Will Be During SMX West
Mining for gold nuggets from speakers at sessions is one reason you come to SMX. Another reason you attend one of the industry’s top-flight events is to make connections with individuals and with organizations. Us too.
- Bruce Clay and Robert Esparza will be in expo hall booth #406 during office hours, open to sharing our info and offerings to anyone looking for an full service digital marketing agency, an SEO tools vendor, or a 5-star reviewed SEO training course that you can attend in sun-soaked SoCal or have us come to you.
- At noon on Tuesday, hear a quick and illuminating presentation by Bruce in Expo Hall Theater A.
- Chelsea Adams and Virginia Nussey will be wearing press badges during the day and party hats (perhaps figuratively) at night. But no matter the time of day, we’re all on the hunt to meet our cool confederates in SEO, social and content marketing. Bruce, Chelsea, Virginia and Robert will be around all the networking events, including:
- Monday night Meet & Greet: From 6-7 your drink is on us! Bruce Clay, Inc. traditionally sponsors the SMX conference kick-off because we like to meet people and hang out with our peers and colleagues — yes YOU. Join us at the San Jose Marriott second floor Ballroom Foyer.
- Tuesday night Expo Hall Reception: From 6-7, the expo hall is the traffic center of the show and we’re up for convo and cocktails in booth #406.
- Tuesday night Search Engine Journal Meetup: Join us from 7-9 at Mosaic Restaurant & Lounge as SEJ hosts cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, free for the first 200 registrants. We’re on the list. Get on it!
- Wednesday night SMX After Dark: From 9-11 Motif Lounge is the only place to be, SMX attendees. Not only will all the interesting conversation be within the walls and lounge spaces of Motif, but if last year was any indication, so will the best dance beats. You may also make a donation to Dana Lookadoo’s recovery fund at this event.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning Conference Yoga: Start every day off right with a stretch and a sweat on the yoga mat with your fellow attendees in San Jose Convention Center room 212. Virginia has pre-registered for all three mornings for just $35. You can register online or show up and pay in person, with a per-class cost of $15.
Whether we see you in San Jose or in the comments of liveblog posts, we’re looking forward to a great show around the corner.