Schedule for Search Engine Strategies San Jose 2007
It’s about that time, my friends; time to make the long drive up to San Jose for Search Engine Strategies. SES San Jose 2006 was my first-ever search conference so I’m excited to head up and relive it all over again, this time with a little less terror in my eyes.
You’ll be excited to hear that both Bruce and Mike will be making the trip to San Jose this year, and of course, we’ll stuff several members of the BC staff in the trunk as well (the cramped quarters fosters team bonding). If you’re going to be in town for the show, you’ll be able to catch Bruce and Mike both speaking at Thursday’s Organic Listings Forum and Mike will be earning his hefty paycheck (we pay him in Sauvignon Blanc) speaking on the One Billion Searchers (Mike issues a sneak peak on his personal blog), Link Building Basics and SEO Q&A On Links panels. Yowsa.
In order to keep my title of Bruce Clay’s Conference MVP away from Mike, I’ll once again be liveblogging the various sessions. Here’s a look at my schedule so you know what to expect and where to find me.
Day 0: Sunday, August 19, 2007
~ late afternoon/early evening: Arrive in San Jose
Day 1: Monday, August 20, 2007
9:00am-10:30am: Advertising Track – Post Search Ads
11:00am-12:30pm: Searcher Track – Universal & Blended Search
2:00pm-3:30pm: Searcher Track – Personalization, User Data & Search
4:00pm-5:30pm: ClickZ Track – One Billion Searchers
~6:00pm: Meet up with the rest of the Bruce Clay, Inc. gang!
Day 2: Tuesday, August 21, 2007
9:00am-9:45am: Keynote Conversation with Jim Lanzone
10:30am-12:00pm: Multimedia Track – Podcast & Audio Search Optimization
1:30pm-2:45pm: Multimedia Track – Images & Search Engines
3:15pm-4:30pm: Multimedia Track – Video Search Engine Optimization
4:45pm-6:00pm: Issues Track – Are Paid Links Evil?
Day 3: Wednesday, August 22, 2007
9:00am-9:45am: Keynote Conversation with Marissa Mayer
10:30am-12:00pm: Industry Track: Search APIs
1:30pm-2:45pm: Industry Track: So You Want To Be A Search Marketer
3:15pm-4:30pm: Industry Track: SEM Pricing Models
4:45-6:00pm: Industry Track: The SEO Reputation Problem (with Jason Calacanis!)
Day 4: Thursday, August 23, 2007
9:00am-10:15am: Analyzing the Analytics Players
10:45am-12:00pm: User Generated Content & Search
12:30pm-1:45pm: Social Media Track: Buzz Monitoring
Until Bruce and Susan get that cloning thing all figured out, I can only be at one session at a time. To make up for it, here’s a list of San Jose sessions I won’t be able to get to this time around, but have covered in the past.
- Video Search Optimization – covered in Chicago
- In House: Big PPC – covered in Chicago
- Mobile Search Optimization – covered in Chicago
- SEO Through Blogs & Feed – covered in San Jose and Chicago
- Successful Site Architecture – covered in Chicago and San Jose
- SMO: Social Media Optimization – covered in Chicago
- Organic Listings Forum – covered in Chicago
- Usability & SEO – covered in Chicago and San Jose
- Ads In A Quality Score World covered in Chicago and New York
- Duplicate Content and Multiple Site Issues covered in Chicago
- Local Search Marketing Tactics – covered in New York
- CSS, AJAX, Web 2.0 & Search Engines – covered in New York
- Meet The Search Ad Networks – covered in New York
- Linkbaiting and Viral Search Success – covered in New York
- Benchmarking An SEM Campaign – covered in New York
- Search Engine Friendly Design – covered in New York
- Advanced Paid Search Techniques– covered in New York
- Web Analytics & Measure Success– covered in New York
- Putting Search Into The Marketing Mix– covered in New York