What Is SEO Training?
SEO training teaches you how to increase your website’s online visibility and traffic from search engines. More website traffic means more potential sales. Search engine optimization is a specialty, but every type of digital marketing job now requires some level of SEO knowledge. It’s that foundational.
Now more than ever, professionals and businesses are looking to level up their digital marketing. Marketers want to sharpen their SEO skills to make them better candidates and to create more business value. Businesses want to learn more about SEO to better compete in the search results and drive more revenue from it.
That’s when they turn to SEO training. But what exactly is SEO training — what are the choices in 2021, and how do you choose the best way to learn?
As someone who has been helping people learn SEO for more than two decades, I’ll provide the answers AND a long-awaited announcement, so read on!
In this article, let’s discuss:
- Why take SEO training
- What types of SEO training exist
- What’s new in SEO training
- What will you learn in SEO training
- How do you choose
- FAQ: How does SEO training contribute to better job opportunities in digital marketing?
Answer me this: What’s the biggest reason someone would take an SEO training course rather than just go it alone? I mean, there are lots of website articles you can read with how-tos and advice from many different sources. So why take a course?
The answer: The best SEO training course organizes the chaos, filters out the wrong information, and educates you in record time.
Training should present concepts layer upon layer in an organized way. An SEO course should give you a solid foundation before advanced techniques. And when you finish the course, you should have a solid understanding and feel confident to apply what you’ve learned.
There are a lot of ways you can obtain an SEO education in 2021.
Online training: Online SEO training has been growing in popularity. This includes everything from introductory to technical content and can range from single webinars to virtual conferences to complete courses that take a deep dive into how to do SEO.
When it comes to online courses, there are a variety of formats as well, including:
- The prerecorded course that may or may not have live interaction
- The live, interactive course with real-time instruction
- The free online video course (a la YouTube)
- The paid online course
- Some combination of the above
Classroom training: Things are a little different now than they were a year ago, to say the least. Prior to 2020, our popular in-person SEO training was the primary format for how we delivered SEO training, be it in our SEO classroom here in Southern California, at a conference somewhere in the U.S., or our global on-site training.
The classroom setting offers advantages like personal interaction with experts, a tailored training experience, and even networking opportunities.
If in-person learning is more your style, not to worry: we’ll see classroom training come back soon. In fact, I’m tentatively planning to hold a small SEO training class later in 2021, all things permitting. But that doesn’t stop you from getting trained sooner through virtual learning opportunities.
Books: It’s worth mentioning books as a category of SEO training. SEO books can be a great way to introduce yourself to SEO, supplement what you already know, or serve as a reference guide when you get stuck. (Shameless plug: Check out my 700-plus page SEO for Dummies book as a primer.)
You can mix and match these formats throughout the year to stay on top of SEO. Or, you can find an all-inclusive training option — which leads me to an announcement …
I am excited to announce that for the first time ever, Bruce Clay SEO Training is now available online!
What’s new is that we’ve expanded SEO training into more than just a course. Our new site, SEOtraining.com, is membership-based to provide a comprehensive, ongoing SEO training experience.
Members get the full training course with online benefits such as on-demand access and self-paced learning. In addition, membership includes resources such as ebooks, deep-dive mini-courses, a discussion forum, new content as its released, a subscription to our SEO tools, and even live events such as a monthly Q&A session with me.
Watch the trailer and then head over to SEOtraining.com if you’d like to learn more.
SEO training can teach you everything from the very basics of how to understand search engines to more technical SEO strategies that will keep your website primed for organic traffic.
As an example of what you should expect to learn in an SEO training program, I’ll share the sections that I cover in our curriculum:
- The Importance of SEO
- SEO Concepts
- Meet the Search Engines
- Website Anatomy
- Search Now & In the Future
- Content for SEO
- Mobile SEO & Page Experience
- Local Search
- Linking Strategies
- Siloing Concepts
- Technical SEO
- Best Practices
Of course, there is no standardized way of doing SEO training. The same goes for actually doing SEO. So your SEO education will vary widely depending on who you’re learning from. That’s why it’s important to vet your instructors.
Especially when you are investing money into training, make sure to:
- Get to know the reputation, expertise, and authority of the instructor(s) and company leading the training.
- Look at attendees’ reviews and testimonials, which are usually featured along with the course. (If there are no reviews or so-so reviews, move on.) If you’re curious, you can even check out our SEO training reviews.
Even if you aren’t investing money, you want to make sure you are getting sound SEO advice. Bad SEO advice will ultimately cost you in the long run in the form of poor rankings and possibly even search engine penalties.
If you want to be the person who understands exactly what to do to improve your organic rankings and traffic, you need solid SEO training. Check out our new SEOtraining.com today!
Staying ahead in the fast-paced digital marketing arena requires having an in-depth knowledge of how consumer engagement occurs online, and visibility occurs via SEO training; this basic skill offers many career options.
SEO training is integral to professional development, equipping professionals with the knowledge and abilities necessary to enhance a brand’s online presence. By mastering keyword research, content optimization, and technical SEO, individuals can position websites to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). This directly translates to increased organic traffic, a key performance metric that businesses value.
Moreover, SEO training goes beyond website optimization. Employers that recognize SEO’s value in business growth will appreciate such expertise. This involves understanding user behaviors, search engine algorithms, and digital marketing trends – an array of information employers are eager to hear about when hiring someone with such knowledge.
A distinct advantage of SEO training is its versatility across industries. SEO principles remain constant in e-commerce, content creation, and social media. This adaptability empowers professionals to explore diverse job roles, from SEO specialists and content strategists to digital marketing managers.
In addition to technical skills, SEO training hones critical analytical abilities. Professionals learn to dissect website performance metrics, derive insights from data, and make informed decisions to refine strategies. This blend of creativity and data-driven decision-making is a hallmark of successful digital marketers.
As the digital landscape continues to evolve, staying updated is paramount. Reputable SEO training programs cover the fundamentals and emphasize staying current with industry trends. This proactive approach ensures professionals can navigate algorithm updates and emerging technologies, solidifying their credibility as experts.
SEO training is a transformative force in digital marketing, unlocking many job opportunities for those who invest in honing their skills. The ability to drive organic traffic, adapt to changing algorithms, and decipher analytics are invaluable assets in a competitive job market. By enrolling in credible SEO training programs, aspiring digital marketers can embark on a journey of growth, expertise, and limitless potential.
Step-by-Step Procedure: How to Leverage SEO Training for Enhanced Job Opportunities in Digital Marketing
- Understand the Basics: Familiarize yourself with the foundational concepts of SEO, including keywords, on-page and off-page optimization, and user intent.
- Choose Reputable Training Programs: Research and enroll in recognized SEO training courses from reputable institutions or online platforms.
- Keyword Research Mastery: Learn how to conduct thorough keyword research to identify high-impact keywords relevant to your target audience.
- Content Optimization: Understand the nuances of optimizing website content, including incorporating keywords naturally, structuring headings, and enhancing readability.
- Technical SEO Proficiency: Gain expertise in technical aspects such as website speed optimization, mobile responsiveness, and structured data implementation.
- Stay Current: Continuously educate yourself about the latest SEO trends, algorithm updates, and best practices through blogs, forums, and industry publications.
- Data Analysis Skills: Develop the ability to analyze website performance metrics using tools like Google Analytics to identify areas for improvement.
- Create a Strong Portfolio: Showcase your SEO skills by working on personal or volunteer projects and document the results achieved.
- Networking: Attend industry events, webinars, and conferences to connect with fellow professionals and potential employers.
- Build a Personal Brand: Establish a strong online presence through blogging, social media, and sharing valuable SEO and digital marketing insights.
- Apply for Internships: Gain practical experience by applying for internships or entry-level positions in digital marketing agencies or companies with robust online platforms.
- Adaptability: Embrace the ever-changing nature of digital marketing and SEO and demonstrate your ability to adapt to new algorithms and technologies.
- Certifications: Pursue relevant certifications such as Google Ads and Analytics certifications to bolster your credibility.
- Craft a Standout Resume: Highlight your SEO training, skills, and practical experience in your resume tailored for digital marketing roles.
- Prepare for Interviews: Anticipate questions about SEO strategies, challenges, and your approach to driving organic traffic.
- Demonstrate Results: During interviews, discuss specific instances where your SEO efforts led to improved search rankings, organic traffic, or conversions.
- Soft Skills Matter: Emphasize soft skills like communication, teamwork, and problem-solving, which are vital for success in digital marketing roles.
- Continuous Learning: Commit to ongoing learning and skill development to maintain your edge in the competitive digital marketing landscape.
- Negotiate Strategically: When presented with job offers, negotiate based on your expertise, the value you bring, and industry standards.
- Stay Passionate: Cultivate a genuine passion for SEO and digital marketing, as your enthusiasm and dedication will set you apart in your career journey.
By following these steps, you can leverage your SEO training to unlock a world of job opportunities and excel in the dynamic field of digital marketing.