SEO Newsletter: The Future Edition
October’s SEO Newsletter: The Future Edition looks ahead, exploring developing SEO and Digital marketing trends. Where is the industry going and how can SEOs prepare?
In her feature article, Virginia Nussey takes stock of her recent experiences at SMX East, Bend WebCam and Pubcon Las Vegas to answer those questions.
In Why the Future of SEO is Bigger than SEO: Integrating SEO into the Whole, Nussey asserts that “strategizing in buckets is out. It’s time to break down the walls in our thinking and in our marketing services.” Organizations are restructuring — the days of siloed client services are coming to an end. A holistic approach to digital marketing is major aspect of the SEO future, as well as:
- Changing search behavior and the evolving relationship between technology and users.
- A move beyond keywords, on-page and off-page optimization — with the rise of the Knowledge Graph, sites need to become destinations all their own.
- Ongoing communication through social media.
In the Back-to-Basics article, delve into Why Siloing Remains Important in a PageRank Toolbar-Free World. In an October Google Webmaster Help video, Matt Cutts stated that “over time, the PageRank indicator will probably start to go away a little bit.” Chelsea Adams discusses what Cutts’ statement means, practically, for SEOs. Discover:
- Why PageRank best practices will still apply, even if the PageRank Tool-bar disappears entirely.
- What good site architecture looks like, according to Cutts.
- Six tips for siloing structure that transfers PageRank
This month’s Hot Topic is the eradication of search term referrer data. Why (Not Provided) isn’t a Death Sentence explores the valuable methods webmasters can still use to obtain keyword data. In Education Matters, learn about the debut of Bing Personal Snapshots. Why (and How) to Set Up Your Klout-verified Snapshot on Bing walks readers through this new feature that further entwines search and influence.
The October SEO Newsletter also has a full supply of this month’s latest news, upcoming conferences, praiseworthy developments and industry shuffles.
To get The SEO Newsletter delivered straight to your inbox each month, simply sign up. You can also check out our archives to read past editions, all of which are filled with SEO, SEM, SMM and PPC treats.