Online Revenue Heats Up for Industrial Equipment Supplier Engaged in Quality SEO
Bruce Clay works to lift a penalty caused by a previous SEO agency and improves site quality leading to a 72% increase in revenue from organic search.
Business Goals at the Outset
This retailer of industrial equipment needed to:
- Recover from Google penalties and be able to rank for relevant terms
- Regain organic traffic
- Increase revenue through more online sales
What We Did
- Researched link profile:
The client came to us with a penalty after having worked with another SEO agency. We audited the website backlink profile to grade the quality of all inbound links to the site.
- Carefully pruned undesirable links: The link pruning campaign involved link removal requests, nofollow requests and link disavowals.
- Submitted the site for Google reconsideration: After documenting the results of link pruning, a series of reconsideration requests were submitted to Google to reverse a manual penalty action.
- Improved internal linking: We applied a site architecture methodology called siloing to the website, structuring internal links between pages of the website in a way that supports the website themes and signals theme relevance to search engines.
We’ve had bad experiences with SEO agencies in the past. We saw our traffic dry up after an SEO did spam backlink building on the site. Our team at Bruce Clay restored my faith in SEO with their expertise and professionalism. Even more important to our business is the results we’ve seen from the improvements Bruce Clay made to our site. Rankings for many of our important keywords went from unranked to Page 1. Traffic is up more than 10%. And revenue is up 75% since last year due to rising sales for our high-margin big ticket products. Hiring Bruce Clay was a solid business decision.” –Business owner
Results for the SEO Project
During this penalty removal and SEO consulting project
- Increased rankings of high-value keywords: The website has seen increased rankings for important keywords, some of which have gone from unranked to Page 1.
- Increased traffic: The website saw an average bump in organic traffic
of about 10%.
- Increased revenue: The client experienced a 72% increase in revenue from organic traffic compared to the previous year, due to more big-ticket item sales.
To explore how you can benefit from having SEO agency Bruce Clay on your team, request a conversation or call us today at (866) 517-1900.