25 SEO Interview Questions Internet Marketers Should Be Prepared to Answer
This article was updated on July 2, 2014 to include additional SEO interview questions we’d ask prospective SEO analysts in light of Google’s latest algorithm updates.
When it comes to an SEO interview, questions can range from anything from the tools you use to the latest algorithm updates. In order to help you best prepare for an upcoming SEO interview, I compiled the following 25 SEO interview questions that CEO Bruce Clay and SEO Manager Mindy Weinstein ask prospective analysts.
25 SEO Interview Questions
- What makes a website search friendly?
- How do you define success when it comes to SEO?
- How do you stay updated on industry news and algorithm changes?
- What programming languages do you have experience with?
- Regarding your previous SEO job, what did an average day look like?
- How do you adapt to the needs of different clients?
- How often do you communicate with clients?
- Describe your SEO workflow.
- How did you learn SEO?
- What is the relationship between SEO, SEM and SMM?
- Tell me about the SEO benefits of using Google+?
- What SEO tools do you regularly use?
- How do you stay organized when working on an SEO project?
- Who is Matt Cutts?
- What is your favorite website and why?
- What is your opinion on proper link building?
- Have you or your clients ever received a manual link penalty from Google?
- What’s the ideal speed for a site to load a web page?
- Do you prefer to move a page with a 302 redirect or a 301 redirect?
- Are you aware of the latest changes to Google and the latest updates to Panda and Penguin?
- How has Hummingbird changed the landscape of search?
- What is Google’s preferred method of configuring a mobile site?
- What do you know about content building and content marketing?
- Do you have a sense of humor?
- So, explain why I should hire you.
Whether you’re applying to Bruce Clay, Inc. or apply to one of the other hundreds of jobs in the SEO industry, we wish luck in finding the right fit and hope these SEO interview questions give you a competitive edge! Also, if you think you have what it takes to work for Bruce Clay himself, send your SEO resume with a cover letter to BC-Personnel@BruceClay.com. We’re always looking for top SEO talent to join our team.
Have you been asked other SEO interview questions? Share them in the comments!