Cleaning Up Links to Recover Google Traffic & Revenue
After struggling for two years under a Penguin penalty, Groomsmen.com came to Bruce Clay for targeted help to regain its lost Google search traffic.
Goals of Groomsmen.com
The specialty e-commerce company Groomsmen.com needed to:
- Recover from Google penalties and be able to rank for relevant terms
- Start receiving organic traffic from Google again
- Increase revenue through more sales
How We Helped Groomsmen.com
- Diagnosed the problem: Our SEO analysts first compared the site’s historic traffic drops to known Penguin update dates and found conclusive evidence of algorithmic hits.
- Researched links: We compiled Groomsmen's link profile data from several sources and identified more than 3,800 backlinks from 1,001 websites. Analysts then examined each linking domain's trustworthiness and relevance.
- Carefully pruned undesirable links: Decisions were made to keep 62 percent of the links, send removal requests for 6 percent, have 1 percent nofollowed, and disavow 31 percent of the links at the domain level.
Our site was nowhere to be found in Google even for our main keyword 'groomsmen', so a friend recommended I ask Bruce Clay, Inc. for help. BCI's team solved my site's Google penalty issues completely and within the short project timeline I asked for, which helped their services fit my budget. I couldn't be happier with the results." –Soni Keswani, owner
Results for Groomsmen.com
During this focused 3-month penalty assessment and link pruning project, our team removed low-quality links while preserving valuable links to help Groomsmen.com recover from Penguin.
- The number of linking domains dropped from 1,001 to 443.
- Google traffic rose 497 percent within six months, compared to the same period the previous year.
- Sales increased, with 153 percent more transactions and a 513 percent increase in ecommerce revenue from Google.
To explore how you can benefit from Bruce Clay's SEO services, request a conversation or call us today at (866) 517-1900.