Cleaning Up Links to Recover Google Traffic & Revenue
After struggling for two years under a Penguin penalty, Groomsmen.com came to Bruce Clay for targeted help to regain its lost Google search traffic.
Goals of Groomsmen.com
The specialty e-commerce company Groomsmen.com needed to:
- Recover from Google penalties and be able to rank for relevant terms
- Start receiving organic traffic from Google again
- Increase revenue through more sales
How We Helped Groomsmen.com
- Diagnosed the problem:
Our SEO analysts first compared the site’s historic traffic drops to known Penguin update dates and found conclusive evidence of algorithmic hits.
- Researched links:
We compiled Groomsmen’s link profile data from several sources and identified more than 3,800 backlinks from 1,001 websites. Analysts then examined each linking domain’s trustworthiness and relevance. Carefully pruned undesirable links: Decisions were made to keep 62% of the links, send removal requests for 6%, have 1% nofollowed, and disavow 31% of the links at the domain level.
Our site was nowhere to be found in Google even for our main keyword ‘groomsmen’,
Results for Groomsmen.com
During this focused 3-month penalty audit and link pruning project
- The number of linking domains dropped from 1,001 to 443.
- Google traffic rose 497 percent within six months, compared to the same period the previous year.
- Sales increased, with 153 percent
more transactions and a 513 percent increase in ecommerce revenue from Google.
To explore how you can benefit from Bruce Clay’s SEO services, request a conversation or call us today at (866) 517-1900.