SEOToolSet Tool Review Recap: 3 Quintessential SEO Tools
So far in this series of SEOToolSet tool reviews, I’ve detailed the use-case for and reports provided by three of the SEO tools our Bruce Clay, Inc. analysts and clients could not do without. They are the Check Server Tool, the Single-Page Keyword Density Analyzer and the many tools included in the Search Engine Ranking Monitor.
It is these three tools that are used most frequently by SEOToolSet users in their search engine marketing campaigns, so they deserve special attention as they make up the basic building blocks of search engine optimization research and diagnostic reporting. These workhorses of the SEOToolSet should not be overlooked, so here are the basic must-knows for these core SEO tools.
The Check Server Tool analyzes the performance of a domain’s Web server in order to help diagnose any potential problems. A Web site relies on a server to deliver pages to users and spiders viewing the site. If a page is requested, the server receives the request and responds by delivering the content of the page. A site can not function without a Web server to deliver pages of the site once they’re requested. Therefore, the health of a Web server is vital to the health of an online business, as the Web server must act as expected.
- Checks a site’s server for a shared IP and provides a way for you to check blocklists.
- Shows a site’s robots.txt file, which reports any pages or agents that have been disallowed.
- Reports a variety of information found in the server header returned for the page, including the page status, the content type and the new location in the case that the status is a redirect.
Select “Click for Reports” from the front page of the SEOToolSet where all monitored domains are listed. From here, click on “SEOToolSet Menu” from the links at the top of the page. On the resulting page, scroll two-thirds of the way down where you’ll see the heading “Check Server Page Tool”. Enter the address of the domain and click on the button labeled “Get Page Status”.
The Check Server Tool is also available to non-subscribers through the free SEO tools page on SEOToolSet.com.
The Single-Page Keyword Density Analyzer extracts useful keyword data for a single Web page. The tool reports keyword density throughout the page and keyword inclusion among various on-page elements — metrics that are useful when shaping the type and volume of content to include on a single page. Readability analysis is key to matching content to the audience. While the value of keyword density in and of itself is often debated, the metric undoubtedly serves as a guideline when strategizing keyword usage throughout a site.
- Reports the keyword density within a single page of content.
- Analyzes the readability/reading level of page content.
- Recommends the inclusion of keywords within specific on-page elements.
- Recommends the inclusion of keywords within outgoing links.
- Provides a clear visualization of keyword distribution.
Select “Click for Reports” from the front page of the SEOToolSet where all monitored domains are listed. From here, click on “SEOToolSet Menu” from the links at the top of the page. On the resulting page, scroll down to “Step 2: Analyze Your Own Pages” or select “Analyze” from the navigation links at the top of the page. Enter the address of the page being analyzed or paste the complete source code into the form provided. Then click on the button labeled “Keyword Density Analyzer.”
The Single-Page Keyword Density Analyzer is also available to non-subscribers through the free SEO tools page on SEOToolSet.com.
The value of high search engine rankings is well understood by search marketers and business owners alike. Rankings are a metric that can be monitored without much insider data, are understood by business decision makers, and provide useful trending and historical information. Rankings are important because the higher a site’s ranking, the more likely it is that the search engine results will drive traffic and brand visibility. And when used with other analytics data, rankings offer valuable intelligence for a strategic SEO campaign.
- Reports the ranking information of pages within the specified domain.
- Reports the top ranking pages across the Web for targeted keywords.
- Reports the number of site pages indexed by each of the reported search engines.
- Reports the estimated number of visitors to the site over time based on rankings and estimated activities for each keyword.
- Compares a site’s rankings and indexed pages with competitor sites.
- Analyzes the ranking history of specific pages and keywords.
- Suggests pages for search engine submission and reports any changes to the site.
Select “Click for Reports” from the front page of the SEOToolSet where all monitored domains are listed. From here you have access to all the tools of the Search Engine Ranking Monitor, which includes:
- the Domain Ranking Report
- the Comparative Domain Ranking Report
- the History Report by Keyword
- the Side-by-Side Ranking Comparison
- the Changed Page Monitor
- the Pages to Submit Report
- the Ranking Report by Keyword
- the Detailed History Ranking Report
- the Ranking Report by Page Name
- the Competitor Ranking Report
- and the Specific Competitor Ranking Report