Performance Tuning the PPC Campaigns of a National Auto Services Company
With AdWords spend above $100K per month, a national
Business Goals at the Outset
A Fortune 1000 company with a nationwide chain of auto service centers needed to:
- Drive more business without increasing advertising spend
- Decrease the average cost per conversion (CPC)
What We Did
Our PPC services team went to work to maximize this client’s large ad budget with a three-step approach.
- Checked AdWords
tracking: We first verified that tracking was set up properly and quality assured in order to accurately monitor ad click-throughs and calls.
- Segmented campaigns: Next we evaluated and segmented campaigns into the most efficient budget groups.
Implemented advanced bid optimization: Our PPC analysts deployed a CPA Optimizer to manage campaigns using AdWords conversion scripts. The phased implementation across all accounts took two weeks.
Results Were Immediate
Once we launched the CPA Optimizer on their reconfigured campaigns, the results were stunning and immediate in both categories: services and product sales.
Product Sales Category Results:
- Clicks increased 15 percent.
- Average CPC decreased 43 percent.
- Conversions increased 26 percent.
- Overall cost per conversion decreased 41 percent.
Services Category Results:
- Clicks increased 65 percent.
- Average CPC went down 32 percent.
- Conversions increased 55 percent.
- Overall cost per conversion decreased 28 percent.