SEO Guide Finish Line!
SEO Guide Step 19
- SEO is never “done”
- Your next steps
- FAQ: What resources are available for staying informed about SEO industry news?
You did it! If you’ve gone through the lessons — 18 steps in all — you covered basic SEO training and made it to the SEO guide finish line. Congratulations!
There’s one more thing you should know. You’re really just at the starting line for your search engine optimization.
The truth is SEO never ends. If you’re an internet marketer, you have no choice but to commit to a long-term race.
Here are a few reasons why SEO, like business itself, is never really done:
- Rankings fluctuate.
- Competitors get better.
- New sites enter the competition.
- Keywords change over time.
- Your business goals evolve.
- Products and services change.
- Your website gets updated and new content added.
- People’s needs on your website shift over time and vary by device.
- Search engine algorithms continually change. (This one’s last but not least!)
In fact, the whole cycle you’ve learned in this tutorial, beginning with keyword research and optimizing page content all the way through monitoring your SEO progress, needs to be repeated over and over again. And since we will be updating and enhancing the tutorial information to keep it current, feel free to repeat this SEO guide as often as you like, using it as a personal SEO guide.
Digital marketing takes perseverance, patience, and ongoing learning. This industry constantly evolves, and there’s always more to learn! While you don’t want to react in knee-jerk fashion to any Google announcement, it is important to stay up on search-industry news and understand how it applies to you. Since you don’t have time to make SEO your full-time job, we have a few ways to help you stay informed and move forward with confidence.
Stay Current — Free SEO Resources
- Subscribe to the Bruce Clay Blog:
Articles by Bruce Clay and others will educate and inform you on digital marketing subjects, including SEO, PPC, content marketing, social media, and more. Subscribe, and you’ll get them delivered to your inbox for free.
- Follow us on social media: Connect with Bruce and our content & media team on Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Facebook for a continual stream of original, valuable content. (Please do! We’d love to talk with you.)
Want More Help? Here Are Some Options
SEO Training: Our SEOToolSet® Training Course has helped more than
In classroom settings, you go beyond basic SEO training and learn how to apply it to your business site. Take a 3-day Standard or 5-day Advanced class offered several times a year near our headquarters in sunny Southern California. You also get a free year’s subscription to our SEOToolSet. (See training dates and details.)
On-Site Training: We can provide a customized SEO training course for 20 or more of your staff at your location. Call us at 1-866-517-1900 to discuss your needs.
Google Penalty Assessment: Think you’re suffering from a Google penalty? We offer SEO Penalty Assessments that identify the problems and give you a recovery roadmap. We can lay out the steps you’ll need to take, and optionally help with link pruning or other recovery services, as well.
SEO Services: Our expert-level SEO Services can get your digital marketing off the ground or put the finishing touches on a well-worked website. We work together with our clients, whether small or large, to help their search engine optimization succeed.
We hope you and your website have benefited from the basic training provided in this SEO guide. Since there is much more to know, please use the resources and options listed above — and keep learning. All of us at Bruce Clay, Inc. appreciate your time and wish you much success with your digital marketing!
Staying abreast of updates and trends within SEO can be challenging, but by using the appropriate tools, you can stay informed. This article will introduce some key sources for industry news in SEO.
One of the cornerstones of staying updated on SEO is to follow reputable websites dedicated to the field. Search Engine Land and Moz are excellent resources for keeping up-to-date on SEO news and in-depth articles and analysis. By regularly visiting these websites, you can remain aware of algorithm updates, industry trends, and best practices in SEO.
Subscribe to newsletters from authoritative sources in the SEO world. These newsletters often curate the most important news and updates and deliver them to your inbox. Some notable options include the “Google Webmaster Central Blog” and newsletters from SEO experts like Neil Patel and Rand Fishkin.
Attending SEO conferences is a fantastic way to immerse yourself in the industry. Events like MozCon, SMX, and Pubcon offer invaluable insights from experts, networking opportunities, and a chance to learn about the latest developments firsthand.
Participating in SEO-focused online communities can provide you with real-world insights and foster connections within the industry. Platforms like Reddit’s r/SEO and LinkedIn groups dedicated to SEO discussions are great places to ask questions and share experiences.
Follow SEO experts and industry influencers on social media platforms like Twitter and LinkedIn. They often share updates, articles, and insights to help you stay informed.
Transitioning between these resources can make your journey to staying informed about SEO industry news smoother. Combining different sources can give you a holistic perspective of any subject matter. Engaging actively with the SEO community and seeking reliable information sources will further deepen your knowledge of SEO.
Step-by-Step Procedure: How to Stay Informed About SEO Industry News
- Identify your specific interests and needs within the SEO industry, as this will help narrow your choice of resources.
- Start by regularly visiting trustworthy websites such as Moz, Search Engine Land, and Search Engine Journal to access the latest articles and updates.
- Subscribe to newsletters from authoritative sources like Google Webmaster Central Blog, Neil Patel, and Rand Fishkin to receive curated SEO news in your inbox.
- Explore the possibility of attending SEO conferences like MozCon, SMX, or Pubcon to gain insights from industry experts and network with peers.
- Join online communities like Reddit’s r/SEO and relevant LinkedIn groups to discuss and share experiences with fellow SEO enthusiasts.
- Follow SEO experts and influencers on social media platforms like Twitter and LinkedIn to stay updated on their latest insights and recommendations.
- Create a content consumption schedule that allows you to regularly check these resources without feeling overwhelmed.
- Set aside time each week to read articles, watch videos, and engage with the SEO community to stay informed.
- Use tools like RSS readers or email filters to organize and streamline the influx of information from newsletters and websites.
- Take notes or bookmark valuable resources for future reference.
- Actively participate in discussions within online communities to ask questions, share your knowledge, and learn from others.
- Attend SEO conferences and make the most of networking opportunities to build connections in the industry.
- Stay open to different perspectives and be critical of the information you encounter to discern credible sources from less reliable ones.
- Regularly assess the relevance of your chosen resources and adjust your strategy if your interests or needs evolve.
- Stay consistent in your efforts to stay informed, as SEO is an ever-evolving field that requires continuous learning.
- Consider setting up Google Alerts for specific keywords or topics to receive notifications about new developments.
- Encourage your colleagues or team members to join you in staying informed, as collaborative learning can be highly beneficial.
- Act on the insights and knowledge you gain by implementing best practices in your SEO strategies and projects.
- Share valuable information and updates with your network to establish yourself as an industry authority.
- Stay adaptable and open-minded, as the SEO industry is always evolving, and what works today may not be as effective tomorrow.