SEO Consulting Services
Whether your company is a small business, start-up, challenger brand or an enterprise, an SEO consultant can provide an invaluable service for a business of any size.
As the marketplace has matured, search engine optimization consulting has developed into a distinct service, different and complementary with traditional full-service SEO.
The industry views consultants generally as experts brought in to focus on a short-term opportunity or a company marketing initiative.
Often, the SEO consultant is hired to solve a specific problem, such as Google ranking and traffic drops, and other filters affecting the website as detailed in the examples below.
With over 20 years of experience helping growth-driven companies achieve their business objectives with organic search strategies, Bruce Clay has established itself as a leading agency delivering SEO consulting and search marketing services.
Read SEO case studies highlighting client successes.
What Is SEO Consulting?
SEO consulting describes the holistic methodology that includes services, tools and training from a search marketing specialist — one who has demonstrated expertise, authority and industry-wide trust in search engine optimization.
Consulting projects typically range from 3 to 6 months in duration — sometimes shorter, sometimes longer, depending on the size of the campaign. Once the objective is reached, the company may address another short-term SEO opportunity or pivot to a new marketing initiative.
In contrast, SEO services tend to focus on longer term opportunities. As such, they range from 6 to many months, or even years. These types of SEO campaigns involve a higher level of marketing and consulting effort to achieve goals. An example might be the launch of an entirely new website to the market. Such a website has no rankings or traffic, and therefore it takes considerable time and effort to develop its marketplace expertise, authority and trust.
Every SEO consulting campaign is unique. No two projects are the same.
The particular growth opportunity or issue you want to achieve with a consultant's help primarily determines the project scope. Beyond that, websites have different page counts, varying types and amounts of content, and of course different content management and ecommerce platforms.
Examples of SEO Consulting Services
We’ve helped with numerous types of SEO consulting projects. Here are a few examples:
- Move rankings currently on Pages 2 or 3 to Page 1.
- Acquire competitive keyword market share.
- Improve mobile rankings to mirror desktop rankings.
- Increase rankings for non-brand keywords.
- Implement Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
- Transition from HTTP to a secure website (HTTPS).
- Implement a global or multilingual site architecture.
- Consolidate multiple domains and transfer link equity.
- Divest sub-brands from a parent website and establish new top-level domains.
- Rebrand a company, including establishing new top-level domain.
- Associate external blogs with parent site.
- Speed up page-load time to help boost rankings.
- Decrease bounce rate and improve engagement for better conversion.
- Remove a ranking penalty or filter.
- Promote app adoption to reduce SEM media expense.
- Reduce SEM expense (paid search) by building SEO rankings for head terms.
- Implement schema markup, JSON-LD and microdata.
- Increase traffic from queries such as “keyword near me.”
- Maximize local traffic opportunities from mobile and Google My Business.
These are but a handful of the SEO consulting projects the Bruce Clay team can perform, in full collaboration with your internal search marketing and IT staff, to accomplish your business objectives. We are more than just SEO consultants — we are your mentor and partner in your projects. Rates, fees and costs for SEO consulting services vary depending upon the size and scope of the project.
Contact us today and let us know how we can help.