Friday Recap: Caveman and Cuddles Edition
First, a special find for Kim: ABC is developing a new pilot based on the endearing Geico cavemen. Hopefully, this will help wean Kim off her unhealthy obsession with Ms. Dewey. At least now she has a new target.
I’m also fearful for Barry Schwartz. Barry spotted a Red Bull car while driving around New York and decided to take a picture of it with his Treo. While still driving! Barry, please be careful. It would take ten bloggers to replace you.
Google Blogoscoped went through the Hollywood rolodex to decide Who’d Play Who In “Google: The Movie”. Their casting is totally on point. Jack Black would make an excellent Matt Cutts.
Phil Lenssen helped me to put a name to my life goal. I wasn’t sure what to call it before, but I now know I want to be “the google” of snarky brunette bloggers who don’t work for Rand Fishkin. What do you think? Attainable?
TheGypsy put his Photoshop skills to work and created an inspired depiction of everyone’s favorite SEO playboy, Chris Hooley. You want the Hooleycorn wall-sized, don’t you? Yeeeah, you do!
When I was 14, “fashionable” was wearing my varsity soccer jersey to school on Fridays and knowing I was cooler than everyone else. Ten years later fashionable is sporting a baby bump provided by this group. I way prefer the old definition.
New pictures of BFFs Danny Sullivan and Barry Schwartz emerged this week. Aren’t they adorable? Cuddles for everyone!
Ever wonder what it’s like to be in my apartment late at night? Hit play and then close your eyes. Swat and Jack Jack are big talkers. I haven’t gotten a decent night’s sleep in over a year.
Words cannot express how badly I want this stool. Unfortunately for me, I have more furniture than I do apartment. Sigh.
The Daily Mail has the exclusive video of that skydiver who fell 12,000ft after his parachute didn’t open and lived. The best part of the video is not his freefall, nor his goodbye to the world. The best part is when his idiot friend stands over him and asks if it hurts anywhere. No, moron, it tickled. Don’t skydive with idiots, people.
Things I Learned From BoingBoing This Week
- This guy’s job totally sucks. Even faux tranquilizer darts have to hurt.
- I don’t care how much fun Susan had in Japan over winter break. Japanese people scare me.
- Beer catapulting: Because people really are that lazy.
- These are actually really cool plants. My ex-fi and I had one that sprouted and said “I Love You”. But then it died.
- DIY robot rides are not a good idea. I’m pretty sure this guy is dead after being smashed into the unforgiving concrete.
- People like putting their cats in things. This is bizarre to me. I spend far more time then I’d care to admit taking Jack Jack OUT of random objects (the sink, filled bathtubs, large bowls, the trash, medicine cabinets), that I don’t really understand the humor of staging it.
- Look, its Susan’s wedding cake!