SEO Newsletter: The Survival Guide to SEO Edition
Coming to you straight from the trenches of Bruce Clay, Inc., it’s the survival guide edition of the SEO Newsletter. Our feature article exposes which ranking factors change most frequently so you can stay alert. Then get expert survival tips from our SEO manager on how to stay ahead of the game no matter what SEO bombs Google may throw your way.
SEO Checklist: 5 Factors You Can Expect to Change
With Google’s search algorithms changing on a daily basis, content strategist Kristi Kellogg advises Internet marketers to adopt a proactive rather than reactive approach to SEO by anticipating changes and being prepared for any potential threats to your website optimization. Kellogg addresses five fast-moving battlefronts that are worth reviewing on a quarterly basis:
- Local optimization: Local results are a hotbed of activity, especially with search shifting from desktop to mobile. As an example, Kellogg discusses the recent change in the way reviews appear in search results.
- Search platforms: As new devices become available, count on search patterns to evolve as people explore new ways of embracing mobile technology.
- Keyword targets: As search patterns evolve, so too will the words people use to find your website.
- Schema markup: Confirmed as a ranking factor by at least one major search engine, schema is an area of fast development that offers websites a chance to stand out in the search results pages.
- Link building: Backlinks may not be as important to ranking as they once were, and the question of building links needs to continue.
Survival SEO: How to Do the Search Marketing of Tomorrow, Today
To prepare your website for Google’s next big algorithmic change, Bruce Clay, Inc.’s SEO Manager Mindy Weinstein shares three key search marketing survival tips. Those tips include:
- Understanding how user intent affects the SERP
- Recognizing the impact of social signals on ranking
- Creating content that truly speaks to your audience’s needs and desires
SEO News and Upcoming Training Events
The Hot Topic this month covers highlights from Facebook’s first f8 developer conference in three years, including anonymous logins, extended ad networks beyond Facebook, and more. In Education Matters, learn how to create an SEO culture throughout your organization. Whether you prefer on-site or off-site training for your organization, Bruce Clay, Inc. offers SEO training in the U.S. and even Europe. Coming up: European marketers can join Bruce Clay on July 2–3 for the next SEO Training event happening in Milan, Italy!
With a commitment to excellence, Bruce Clay, Inc. aims to serve its readers with meaningful, educational and informative content that propels businesses forward in a digital age. For monthly Digital marketing news and upcoming SEO training information that will put you ahead of the competition, sign up for the SEO Newsletter here.