New SEO Tutorial Encourages Active Learning
Imagine you show up to work one fine Monday and Bruce Clay is sitting in the desk next to yours with one item on his agenda: teach you the foundations of SEO from the ground up. The lesson plan includes everything you need to get your website ranking, from how to do keyword research, to technical optimization, designing for mobile-friendliness and semantic markup. To help you hit the ground running, Bruce has brought with him 10 free SEO tools to make each of your lessons active; not only are you learning about keyword research, you’re actually doing keyword research. You’re not just learning about the importance of a natural inbound link profile, you’re actually using tools to learn more about your own inbound link profile as well as the profile of your competition.
So you’re getting world-class training and access to hands-on tools straight from Bruce Clay — all at your own desk.
Now, return to real life. Ready for the good news? With the new online SEO tutorial from Bruce Clay, Inc. you can essentially have the learning experience mentioned above for free. While Bruce won’t physically be in the office with you, you will have a step-by-step course that walks you through his methodologies with 10 free tools at your disposal.
What’s Included in the Free SEO Tutorial
The new-and-improved SEO tutorial is an ethics-based online training course created to help marketers understand and apply industry best practices.
At 19,982 words, the course is deliberately thorough. Those new to search engine optimization are invited to read from beginning to end for an all-in-one ramp up. For those with more optimization experience, we’ve split the course up into 18 steps on individual pages to make it easy to navigate to the section most relevant to your needs.
10 Free Embedded Tools Make Learning Active
We believe in active learning and retention through engagement.
To close the gap between education and application, throughout this course we’ve included 10 free tools that help you immediately put the skills you are learning into action.
18 sections is a lot of training; why wait until you’re done with the tutorial to start applying the skills you’re learning? Instead, this training system allows you to get hands-on while the ideas are still fresh, with light versions of our tools embedded at each appropriate step of the tutorial.
Throughout this course look for free tools that allow you to:
- Perform keyword research (See step 1 and step 4)
- Discover top-ranked websites by keyword (See step 2)
- Discover the keywords your competitors are using (See step 3)
- Determine how much content your competitors have indexed (See step 7)
- Make your Meta tags more competitive by exploring the tags your competitors are using (see step 7)
- Analyze your keyword distribution and content reading level (See step 7)
- Uncover any technical issues that may be preventing your site from appearing in search results (See step 8)
- Evaluate your backlink profile (See step 13)
- Evaluate your competitor’s backlink profile (See step 13)
- See how many pages search engines have indexed for your site domain (See step 13)
- Check your site to identify cloaking issues (See step 16)
Get Started Strengthening Your SEO Core!
The Bruce Clay, Inc. SEO tutorial is live now. To get started with this foundations course, choose a chapter from the list below and jump in feet first.
- Step 1: Keyword Research – How to Select Keywords
- Step 2: Competitive Research – Who’s Your SEO Competition?
- Step 3: SEO Competitive Analysis – Spy on Your Competition
- Step 4: Choosing Keywords for SEO Relevance
- Step 5: Key Considerations when Writing Content
- Step 6: How to Use Keywords in Content
- Step 7: How to Optimize Website Content for SEO
- Step 8: How to Submit a Website to Search Engines
- Step 9: Sitemaps – How to Create a Sitemap
- Step 10: Using Rich Media to Engage Your Site Visitors
- Step 11: How to Optimize Multimedia Content for SEO
- Step 12: Siloing – How to Structure Your Website
- Step 13: Link Building – How to Attract Quality Links
- Step 14: Avoiding Google Penalties
- Step 15: Monitoring Backlinks and Link Pruning
- Step 16: Technical SEO Tips
- Step 17: Mobile SEO and UX Optimization
- Step 18: How to Monitor Search Engine Rankings & SEO Progress
- Conclusion: Repeat – SEO: The Job That’s Never Done
Tell Us What You Think
We hope you enjoy this course as much as we’ve enjoyed making it. Please tell us what you think in the comments below.