Understanding Over-Optimization and Google Social Analytics: April SEO Newsletter
April’s SEO Newsletter is ambitious, offering readers the usual round-up of notable industry news from the month along with several action-oriented articles.
Bruce Clay’s SEO Action Items for Google’s Assault on Aggressive SEO [Video Interview]
Bruce Clay weighs in on the over-optimization issue with analysis of how Google’s latest efforts to stamp out spam may shape SEO strategies. Included in Bruce’s analysis:
- What to watch out for when evaluating the long-term security of your SEO strategy.
- Possible technologies Google is using to detect over-optimization, such as the utilization of the Chrome browser.
- Motivations for Google’s reinvigorated offensive, including the possible future face of search results.
A just-the-facts oriented update of Google’s recent crusade against unnatural, manipulative links. This article compiles resources on:
- When and how the over-optimization actions were announced by Google and company representatives.
- What some webmasters have seen in terms of Google Webmaster Tools notifications regarding punishment for unnatural links.
- The fallout for one blog network involved in link value manipulation.
New social reporting in Google Analytics is dissected for an introduction on how to use the new reports to effectively track social media efforts. Learn how to:
- Tie monetary value to conversions coming from social media activities.
- Identify what social networks are the most valuable to your goals.
- Use social reporting to better measure social media ROI.
European readers, does this sound interesting to you: one summer trip offering the best of worlds both business and pleasure? An interview with Bruce Clay Europe, managing director Ale Agostini reveals:
- How attending an intensive two-day SEO workshop offers an enticing option for your summer holiday: Internet marketing business strategy plus Fashion Week in Milan.
- Why businesses focused solely on paid search can take SEO training to learn tactics and strategies to boost traffic and marketing performance.
- Why the highly-praised 2-day SEO training course meets the growing demand for Internet marketing education in Europe.
What are you waiting for? Get reading!